To have or not to have a boyfriend!!!!!!

The other day I was sitting with my group of close friends in the college auditorium waiting for our prof to arrive, my friends were talking about their boyfriends and the ups and downs that they often face. I was quite throughout the conversation, but there was time when i couldn't hear what one of my friends had said so i had asked her to repeat. however, the reply that i had got from her was that you don't have a boyfriend and your also not engaged, what will you do listening to this. Yes, that's the reply that i got from my friend.

At that point of time, i was dumbstruck. I didnt know what to think or say. I jst reacted by saying that it wasn't funny. I might be overreacting a tad little bit but then all I know that it had hurt when she had said that and it just got me into thinking whether it was really necessary for anyone to have a boyfriend so that they could participate in one small and silly conversation.
I have also observed that when you have a boyfriend, your friends tend to treat you differently. people become more friendly with you, they share more with you. and to the ones who doesnt have a bf, they get treated like...ey!!! you dont have one! too bad!! your not one of us!!! its like this secret club in which only the ones who have a BF can enter and enjoy. the ones who don't have one...well, too bad. you just have to get one. I wonder sometimes isnt this supposed to be our personal choice.

I remember the time I joined my journo coll, and I remember the day all the students started pouring in. there was this particular group of girls who went around all the new kids- Do you have a boyfriend? in fact, that was the first question that they would pop to the students. I mean...I don't get the whole deal. Is it really necessary to have a boyfriend. i mean there is no big deal to it. either you have one or you dont. its not that your dating the King of England that everyone should know that you have a BF. What so special about having one. Everyone has one, and everyone will have one at one point of time. What is this whole madness about having one all about. Even I did, I don't have one now...but that's my personal choice. There are many things in life to worry about than worring about having a bf or not. its just too vain!! People are dying in the world due to hunger and starvation, think about that for a change. small children are not going to school and working their pants off so that they can help their poor family out, think about this too.

What matters the most that your friends should like you for who you are not whom your dating. you should be able to participate in any conversation that you want to. and BFs should not be a way of increasing your social standing amongst your friends. i dont negate that Bf's are an important part of our lives. but, that doesnt mean that i'll let them rule my life.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the whole difference between being shallow and being D and M (deep and meaningful). I approve!

 
Copyright © Snapshots from Within